Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday I'm in love with people and things that inspire me...

Inspire me to create, to write, to paint...
Lately I've been thinking a lot more about writing. It's something that I'd love to do, but I'm never sure about. I wasn't super great at coming up with ideas at school, but now reading has become such a big part of me that writing seems inevitable. I'm becoming attached to these characters, lost in these descriptions. I may not have a whole lot of experience with life, but I have experience with not having it and I've read enough and seen enough on TV to write what I would think is believable enough stuff.

For once I'm actually glad that all my friends live in a far away land. I would love to have some local friends. I would. But, right now I'm really enjoying all this time that I've had to read my books and come up with ideas.

This Friday I'm in love with the following forms of inspiration:

My Far Away Friends:
-This is all mainly thanks to one of my friends who is a bit of a writer herself. She sent me a heap of stuff online about writing. Also, she introduced me to some new far away friends who have been somewhat entertaining to talk to online.

My New Cds:

-I've been listening to three Cds on repeat. Prisoner-The Jezabels, Born to Die-Lana Del Ray and End of Fashion-End of Fashion.

The Books I read:
-I finished 'The Peach Keeper' by Sarah Addison Allen recently and now I'm reading 'The Replacement' by Brenna Yovanoff. The writing style of both authors is brilliant! I've also been looking back on a lot of the books that I've read in the past. Maggie O'Farrel, Alice Hoffman, Nova Ren Suma...

Journal Prompts/Creative Writing Exercises:
You know the ones. Part of a beginning of a sentence.
E.g. 'I'm the kind of girl that...'
This stuff is gold.

Have a good weekend!

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Friday I'm in Love... is a meme where I write about what I'm in love or not in love with on that particular firday. You can join in and go with my theme or talk about something else. If you use my idea, don't forget to leave a link to my post somewher in your post and post a link to your post in the comments please. Enjoy.