Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review: Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy 4)

 

BOOK INFO:
 Pages: 512
Genre: Teenage Fiction, Fantasy
Published: Penguin Razorbill 02/10
Originally published on 25/08/2009
Bought Book Online

THE BLURB:
 How far will Rose go to keep a promise? The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir's Academy was the deadliest ever in the school's history, claiming the lives of many. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them - including Dimitri. He'd rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa - the one she has sworn to protect no matter what - and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?

MY THOUGHTS:
 Okay, so I have this weird feeling that at any point I could start rambling. I must warn all. The 4th Book in the series, just as great as the rest of them. The emotions definitely get even stronger as the books go along and so does the excitement. I read this book in less than 24 hours and for me that is pretty fast especially considering the size of the book.

So in this book we are introduced to a few new characters which I previously met in 'Bloodlines'. They felt new to me in this book however, because I was seeing them through Rose's eyes and I was learning how the characters fit together. The reader is also introduced to other characters not mentioned in 'Bloodlines'.

This book was probably more heart wrenching than the last because of all these life/death decisions that came into play. It was also disturbing to see good characters not acting like themselves. Having said that seeing the characters in these positions also gave the reader more chance to explore the characters. It was a method of developing characters I guess.

Again with the surprising. I kept getting more surprised as the book went on and this is coming from a person whom has read 'Bloodlines'! I know that some of the characters are going to end up a certain way, but still I wanted to know exactly how that happened.

Overall, Another great book by Richelle Mead. I will continue to forgo my review book plans to read yet again another book in the series. 5/5 Stars and a favourite. I am going to sound repetitive here, but if you have not read 'Vampire Acadamy', you should do so right this very minute!


THE SERIES:

Vampire Academy Series:
4.Blood Promise (This Review)
5. Spirit Bound


Bloodlines- Spin off series:

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: