Saturday, August 27, 2011

Not a Review, but rather a recommendation : The Sisterhood series by Anne Brashares

The sisterhood of the traveling pants series was something that got me back into reading in highschool. After about grade 6 I had tired of the Pony club and Saddle club books and was more interested in watching movies. A few years later after hiring 'The sisterhood of the traveling pants' movie from the video store and falling in love with it Mum decided to buy me the first four books for my birthday that year. 

I didn't read them straight away. I actually fractured an eye socket and wasn't allowed to play sport before I started reading them. I think it was 6-8 weeks before they would make me go back to playing sport- not that I wanted to anyway- where I spent that lesson in the library catching up on homework and reading those books. I powered through them very quickly discovering that I much preferred the books to the movie (even though I still watch it time to time). It was these books that got me back into reading.

My mum also agrees that the series is great and read each book after I did. The fact that another book was coming out made us both excited and definitely did not disappoint. The books are not 100% happy, but a realistic figments of life where bad things do sometimes happen. Tibby, Lena, Carmen and Bridget are four friends you'll have for the rest of your life...

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: