Saturday, April 9, 2016

Summer Favourites

Hi There,

So it is technically the second month of Autumn right now, but as you already may know, a small computer break-down prevented me from writing this post sooner. I have my work holidays over most of the Summer. I spent most of the holidays at home in the air-conditioning or out walking at the park. I watched a lot of movies and I read a couple of books. I also mucked about with some new beauty purchases.


~

BEAUTY FAVOURITES:
-I have really enjoyed wearing Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in the shades 'Tulle', 'Avenue' and 'Trap'
-I wore Colourpop Lippie Stix in 'Silk' and 'Nevermind' quite a bit also.
-I tried out the Colourpop Gel Creme Liners and really liked 'No Shame' and the pencil in 'Cry Baby'
-I fell in love with the Maybelline Hypersharp Wing Eyeliner pen and have actually started using it more often than I use the Master Precise Eyeliner I usually rave about. 
-I switched to the Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara (Water Proof Version) which I don't like as much as their other one, but it doesn't smudge as easily in the heat.
-I started using the Designer Brands Finishing Illuminator which is okay. 

HAIR FAVOURITES:
-I started pinning my hair when it gets longer around the sides and front. So I have been using Loreal Elnett hair-spray again.
-I have been dying my hair a Violet colour and letting it fade out to more of a red colour. 

~
BODYCARE/SKINCARE:
-I switched to Palmolive Honey and Milk Bodywash, because it seems to be the only thing that doesn't really irritate my skin, when it is playing up.
-Another sensitive skin find was a Amele Shave Gel which doesn't make me want to scratch off my legs after I shave them.
-I have mostly been using a Revlon Perfume called Charlie Red. I don't know why I love it so much...

FASHION FAVOURITES:
-I've been wearing lots of simple outfits with a t-shirt top and high waisted bottoms. 
-I bought some strappy sun-dresses and have been wearing them a lot.
-Wearing a lot of Black because it goes with everything.

~

MUSIC FAVOURITES:
- 'Get Lucky' by Daft Punk 
- 'Short Skirt Long Jacket' by Cake
- 'Telephone' by Lady Gaga
- 'Ain't that a Shame' by Fats Domino
- 'Blackest Day' by Lana Del Rey
- 'What I'm Looking For' by U2
- 'Fade Into You' by Mazzy Star
- 'Ask Me Anything' by The Strokes
- 'Tenth Avenue Freeze Out' by Bruce Springsteen

MOVIES:
I watched so many! 
My favourite was probably 'Miss Meadows' which I have seen three times already.

BOOKS:
I have got a couple of book reviews coming soon. 

As I keep saying I've got a lot of posts to catch up on. It probably won't be long and I will be sharing my Autumn Favourites!

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Charlie Red is a lovely floral-y scent. It was quite popular, especially amongst younger women, when I was growing up in 1990s. How fantastic that you've been finding some products that your skin can currently handle. As someone with very, very sensitive skin, I can fully relate to what a challenge that can be.

Thank you very much for both of your blog comments this weekend, as well as your email yesterday. I look forward to replying to it and your previous one asap, sweet dear.

Have a splendid Sunday,
♥ Jessica