Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Beauty Wishlist

*

I am a bit of a beauty junkie. When I go grocery shopping I have to refrain from visiting the beauty aisle and I often visit beauty websites and start filling up a cart only to think "do I really need this?" and exit the site. I have only really started telling myself "no" since the beginning of the year as it is one of my new years resolutions to save money. 

Part of the resolution was to stop spending so much in general, however another aspect of it was to spend less on low quality cheap things (as not all cheap things are low quality) and spend more on higher quality dearer things. I usually go shopping for drugstore brands. While the prices of these items aren't too outrageous, I can't bring myself to click buy just yet. I can only really see these products in my future if a sale comes up or if I won some kind of prize. 

Now that there is another pin-up comp coming up (and yes I will be entering again :) I have decided my money is better spent on buying a wardrobes worth of vintage appropriate clothes and accessories that I might wear someday, And I already have a truck load of make-up stored in my bedside table. 

Please feel free to share any of your fantasy wishlist items in the comments or let me know your opinion on any of the products if you have tried them.

Too-Faced Selfie Finishing Powder Palette
I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of colour correcting products. I used to try to get the 'Full Coverage' look, but I'm starting to find, that the only way I can manage that is to really cake it on and then it usually feels really heavy. My favourite foundation at the moment is the Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation which has colour correcting properties. I don't get the name of this palette as I don't put make up on purely for the purpose of taking selfies (I don't actually have an instagram account), but I do like the premise of make-up mocking photography filters...

Crush Cosmetics 11 Piece Rose Gold Make-up Brush Set
I really like the Crush Cosmetics brushes I do own and I love Rose Gold. I don't really need anymore make-up brushes at the moment, but it's always nice to have heaps spare and to have fancy looking ones...

Besame Cosmetics French Vanilla Brightening Powder
I already have the violet powder and I have been meaning to do a post on it. I thought this powder would be interesting to try (and possibly very brightening for the under eye area), however it is only available on sephora which I have never bought from before. I know there is a Sephora store in Sydney, but I believe that online orders still have to come from overseas which is a bummer.

'Dandelion' by Benefit
'Dandelion' is a blush, but can also apparently be used as a brightening face powder. Again with the powder, but I thought this would be really interesting to try as there used to be a pinky-hued powder back in the day that women used (I can't remember the name)...

*


The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
The packaging kind of sucked me in with this one. And the name. I have really pale-yellowy skin and a lot of highlighters are really subtle on me. This one is supposed to be the be-all and end-all of face shimmers, so I think I would like to give it a shot. Many a blogger have described it as a WHAM BAM!! highlighter, so it must be pretty intense.

The Body Shop Tea Tree BB Cream
A BB Cream that promises to clear up your blemishes and make your skin look nice? Yes please. This one isn't overly expensive, but I would have to pay shipping or buy something else to make the shipping worthwhile and I have never bought anything from The Body Shop before (gasp) so it's a little daunting. I also worry that the Tea Tree could be too highly concentrated which would actually dry out my skin and probably cause some kind of irritation. I have heard a lot of good things about their Tea Tree line though.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
I'm not a mascara person, but the packaging for this is just too cute! Also, a lot of beauty bloggers that go for the OTT mascaras, are complaining about this one, which makes me think I might like it. I like really minimal mascara as I have a lot of eyelashes already.

*

I also have another wishlist filled with more budget friendly items, but I don't see the point in posting a wishlist that could become reality the next time my favourite beauty outlet gets NYX taupe in stock... There were also some more expensive higher end products I would have liked to try, but that would be more like a "never ever wishlist" because I don't think it's responsible to buy make-up items that cost as much as tap shoes (at least not on my budget).

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

I love beauty products and makeup, really and truly, but between my uber sensitive skin, need to avoid gluten in anything that goes on my hands or lips (due to have celiac disease), and my rather modest budget, I generally don't branch out much from my tried and true favourites these days. Sometimes though, you know, I miss being more adventurous there (I was way more so in my teen years) and will work up the courage and/or save up the pennies to try something new (to me) and exciting. It's been so long since the last time though, I'm honestly struggling to think of it. Possibly when I purchased from Red Apple Lipstick for the first time in 2012? Yikes, could it really be that long since I tried a new brand? Might just have to remedy that this year! :)

♥ Jessica