Friday, February 13, 2015

I Want To Hold Your Hand: A Playlist


Remember Valentines Day last year, when I wrote a blog post about my Top Ten Movies to watch on Valentines Day? Well, this year I thought I might do a playlist. There are a lot of great love songs out there, but I decided to choose the cute ones, because Valentines day is all about cute things like cheesy cards and Teddy bears. I am single, but I don't mind Valentine's day. It gives me an excuse to rewatch a soppy movie and eat chocolate...

I hope you all have a lovely Valentines Day regardless of your relationship status and that you enjoy this playlist I have prepared.


1. 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' by The Beatles

"Oh please say to me,
You'll let me be your man,
And please say to me,
You'll let me hold your hand"

2. 'I Wanna Be Loved By You' by Helen Kane (As Betty Boop)

"I wanna be loved by you,
Just you and nobody else but you"

3. 'Teddy Bear' by Elvis Presley

"Just wanna be, your teddy bear.
Put a chain around my neck
And lead me anywhere"

4. 'Kiss Me' by Sixpence None The Richer

"Kiss me beneath the milky twilight,
Lead me out on the moonlit floor"

5. 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' by The Four Seasons

"You're just too good to be true,
Can't take my eyes off you"


6. 'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me' by She & Him

"So kiss me, kiss me, 
Make me tell you I'm in love with you"


7. 'Fools Rush In' by Ricky Nelson

"When we met, I felt my life begin
So open up your heart and let this fool rush in"

8. 'The Way I Am' by Ingrid Michaelson

"Cause I love you more than I could ever promise,
And you Take me the way I am."

9. 'Clean White Love' by Lisa Mitchell

"Whisk me away
I'll be yours for a day
In heavenly fields which we roam"

10. 'Real Love' by Regina Spektor (Beatles Cover)

"Seems like all I really was doing
was waiting for you"


I feel like I could have made that playlist a couple of times over just using Elvis and Beatles songs. There are so many great love songs out there. What are some of your favourites?


Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Awesome list! You can be my DJ anytime, dear gal! :)

I love the range of eras here. I have fairly diverse tastes in music and often hope from one style and/or decade to the next. It keeps things fresh and fun and helps you to appreciate the musical talents, strengths and hits of each decade all the more (I find).

I hope that you had a splendid Valentine's weekend!

♥ Jessica