Tuesday, March 18, 2014

In Dreams - A Playlist

*

This is another Idea I came up with recently. I thought it would be fun to make a playlist around a theme and this one is about dreams. I know plenty of songs with the word 'dream' in the title, but I am not going to use all of them just because of that. I kind of wanted to stick to a very specific kind of feel. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the post and if you do please feel free to let me know in the comments.

This playlist was inspired by my most recent infatuation with the Lana Del Rey cover of 'Once Upon A Dream' which is included. A 'Dream' can have so many meanings and represent so many things. I really enjoy the dreamy feeling you get from watching Disney's older cartoons or from purchasing (or finding/gifting/collecting) a vintage item with intricate details. I enjoy sleeping and having beautiful dreams or painting which helps me to explore and express my creative imagination. And now for the playlist of my dreams...

1. 'In Dreams' by Roy Orbison

"I softly say a silent prayer like dreamers do
Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you"

2. 'If You Can't Sleep' by She & Him

"If you can't sleep I'll be there in your dreams
I'll be there in your dreams if you can't sleep at all"

3. 'If I Can Dream' by Elvis Presley

"But as long as a man has the strength to dream 
he can redeem his soul and fly"

4. 'Hotel Song' by Regina Spektor

"I have dreams of orca whales and owls
But I wake up in fear"

5. 'Once Upon A Dream' by Lana Del Rey

"You'll love me at once
The way you did once upon a dream"

*

6. 'A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes' by Ilene Woods

"No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing 
The dream that you wish will come true"

7. 'Dream a Little Dream of Me' by Ella Fitzgerald

"Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams leave all worries behind you"

8. 'State of Dreaming' by Marina and the Diamonds

"I live my life inside a dream
Only waking when I sleep"

9. 'Dream On' by Aerosmith

"And dream until your dreams come true
Dream on"

10. 'Neopolitan Dreams' by Lisa Mitchell

"Deepest of the dark nights
Here lies the highest of highs
Neopolitan dreams, stretching out to the sea"


*

I only picked out ten songs. I was going to just pick out five like John Cusack's character does in 'High Fidelity' but I thought you could only really get away with making a 5-track playlist in the day of cassettes. Ten is not quite a CD, but it is an even number.

What is your favourite song about dreams?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a beautiful, soulful, and thoroughly memorable post. I've always been a night owl and since becoming chronically ill 11.5 years ago, have suffered from massive painsomnia that whole time (and likely will for my whole life), so sleep and I have a complex relationship at the best of times. I love it, but it plays hard to get with me!

♥ Jessica

Kelly said...

I love this. Dream On is one of my favorite songs about dreams. I have a friend who will randomly make playlists around themes, though she tends to use themes like trains and wolves. It's such a fun thing to do!