Sunday, December 1, 2013

Update/Haul: Minnie mouse is taking over

Hi guys,
I was going to skip doing a haul this week, but I had a few things I wanted to share with you. Now that I think of it I actually do have a few bits and pieces accumulating, so maybe it was a good idea to do a haul anyway... I mainly received purchases over the last couple of weeks and I wanted to share some of the things that were bought for me.

-I received 'The Fiery Heart' by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines Book 3) in the mail from Penguin. I am really excited to read it, I just hope those book trailers on youtube were dramatised a bit because I am not in the mood to see Sydney and Adrian get Days-of-our-lives-soppy. Sorry if you are a fan of that show.

-Remember this movie? My sister and I used to have it on tape and watched it over and over and over. I thought it would be fun to watch it again, so I bought it. And, it's always good to have a few g-rated movies floating around the house when young relatives visit.

-I got these 45s online: 'LaBamba' by Los Lobos and 'Bittersweet' by Hoodoo Gurus. Even being a bit of an 80s fan I've never really gotten into anything by the Hoodoo Gurus before. I am not ashamed to say that a youtube video of Courtney Love performing this at Big Day Out introduced me to the song.
 -I adored the 'Who's That Girl' movie and I liked the song. I also wanted to get the song from 'Desperately Seeking Susan' but I can't seem to find it (maybe it wasn't made into a single?). There was also a Eurythmics song with the same title.

 -I got these records from a seller on etsy. I haven't listened to them all yet (as you can tell the packaging is still on two of them. I got 'Elvis Christmas Album' by Elvis Presley, 'Live from Earth' by Pat Benatar, 'The Best of Sonny and Cher' by Sonny and Cher and Bruce Springsteen's 'Born in the U.S.A'.

-I got the 'Grease' soundtrack, Petula Clark's 'All-Time Greatest Hits' and The Sunset String's 'Roy Orbison Songbook from another etsy seller. I bought 'The Rock and Roll collection' at the op-shop. I used to watch 'Grease' a lot in primary school and our school choir sang one of the songs from the soundtrack. 



 -One of the records parcels had this stamped on it which I thought was hilarious.
 -I bought these perfumes: Disney Fairies 'Pixies and Posies' and LV 'Gold Rush'. They were both fairly cheap and smell pretty.
-This is an early Christmas present from mum. It's a Minnie Mouse cushion and the back of it is a sleeping bag. It's actually a kid's sleeping bag, but she thought it would be a good idea for winter when I'm sitting on the couch at night. 

-I also got a clock for my library. Isn't it cute? Minnie Mouse is taking over. I've got a mask hanging up in my room, and a heap of Minnie Mouse plush toys on my bed. 

^This was my nail art for the week. I tried to go with a 20s Gatsby style design I had seen on facebook, but I went with brighter colours.

Incase you didn't already know, my blog's facebook page made it to 800 likes. It's actually at 900 now! I think I shared a page or two and then those people shared my page and I ended up with a heap of likes. Now I get people actually sharing the pictures that I put up or tagging their friends in them, which is really cool. 


I finished watching Gilmore Girls last night so there will be a review/post thingy up soon.


I'm on Christmas holidays from work, but I'm not entirely free to do what I want. I've got a course to work on and jury duty to attend.

How was your week?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

P.S I have also noticed the search engine on my blog is not functioning properly I will try to have it up and running ASAP. In the meantime you can try clicking on a tag or label at the bottom of the blog or you could go on to google and type in "Quirky Vintage" and whatever you are looking for.

2 comments:

Keertana said...

I've heard a lot about Fiery Heart and though I enjoyed VA, I haven't been continuing with this spin-off series. Still, I hope you enjoy it and am curious about your thoughts! Wonderful haul! :)

Unknown said...

OMG! These brought back so many memories for me!

- Aimee
DIY BLOG: SwellMayde.com