Sunday, November 10, 2013

Haul/Update: New Additions

Hi Everyone,
The end of the year is looming which means I have a million things on my mind. Including Christmas! I am to do my cousin's hair for her graduation after all, I have some work to do on my course at work, I have ordered/am waiting for some diaries/calendars to arrive and dispatch, And, I have to figure out what I am going to buy people. So as usual expect random fluctuations in the consistency of blog posts. Not really news, but hey, I really wanted to show off my awesome "Update" pic for once. 

^I bought this contraption Yesterday and finally got to test it out this afternoon.

^It is black (I have been testing out coloured filters on my photo app) not purple, and it plays records, CDs, USB/SD/AUX, And, it can save Vinyl music as MP3 files on USB. Dad has some records so we tried them out and there is one with South Sea Island music on it that is pretty. I think I may find myself buying a few records now !

^I bought 'America's Sweetheart' by Courtney Love (Finally found a new edition in Australia) and 'Greatest Hits' by The Police.

^I really like this one. It's probably the most provocative one I've listened to yet and there is a fair bit of swearing, but that voice and guitar makes it so worthwhile. At the moment 'Almost Golden' is a favourite.

^I bought these movies/TV series. I haven't watched all of them yet. I did re-watch 'Never Been Kissed' and discovered a Hole song in the soundtrack, which is awesome.

^I also bought this. While I do usually like Teenage movies, I'm not a big fan of the Disney ones. I find them a little cheesy. This, though, was actually a bit more down-to-earth than I could have expected. No Sharpay Evans here!

^I stocked up on art supplies and thought I'd try out some new materials and replace my crusty old watercolours.

^The books I got. I bought all of these except for 'Horizon', which I got from Pan Macmillan. I think it's #4 in the 'Soul Seekers' series.

How was your week?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

My week has been something of a mixed bag so far, thank you for asking. Some good, some bad, some stress, and some (positive) excitement about blossoming plans of various sorts for next week. We're only at Wednesday morning, but it already feels a somewhat long. We'll see what the second half holds in store though before summing it up entirely.

Great haul! It's cool to know I'm not the only vintage gal who has a thing for Police music. My parents played it all the time when I was little and I've been a fan ever since.

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica

*PS* I truly want to thank you for your splendidly nice comment on my post about being true to one's style and soul. You're so spot on when you say that this is the 21st century and that that alone will introduce various changes and inaccuracies into one's vintage wardrobe. There's nothing wrong with that at all - it's awesome that we live in the era that we do and that we can avail of so many sources and channels of inspiration to help us put together the looks that speak to us most deeply. ♥

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Yes I definitely like that it's inaccurate. It enables us to mix and match stuff from different eras to create our own style.