Sunday, October 20, 2013

Haul: More Sunglasses and Books...


Hi Everyone,
I have been so slack. What a sad little individual I have been. My life at the moment has consisted of Gilmore Girls DVDS (I'm only part way through season 4 and have never seen the show before, so don't you dare spoil it for me) and a whole heap of Twitter and Facebook stuff to do with "The Cause". I am hoping by the end of this month/beginning of next month that "The Cause" will be over and I can spend time doing stuff I like and by entertaining you all with my rambly posts about Style, Books, Music and random things I have observed. 

I have a few books arriving that I ordered as part of my Birthday purchase from Fishpond (I had a gift card) and I've been trying to get a few review books (sequels only) that I really want to read, but my reading/reviewing track record has of late been a little blank so it's understandable if the publishers say no. I do have to say though, that I am so excited for the 'Fiery Heart'  by Richelle Mead that I am likely to collapse on a chair and devour the book cover to cover the minute I get it. And, I would happily pay for it, because I think it would probably be worth it...

I am still reading the Dodie Smith book that I started about a month ago...

^Here are some books I purchased. I got an arty book called 'Well Read Women' by Samantha Hahn, a fashion illustration book, 'Destined' by Aprilynne Pike, 'Lola and the Boy Next Door' by Stephanie Perkins, 'The Snow Child' by Eowyn Ivey, 'Going Vintage' by Lindsay Leavitt and 'Smart Girls Get What They Want' by Sara Strohmeyer.

^Here are some books that were sent to me by publishers. I didn't request them and I don't know if I will read them. 
^ Here are some scarves and belts I bought. The belts are from ASOS, The stripes/spots are Modcloth and the Marilyn is Ebay.
^I bought a new LimeCrime lippy in 'Centrifuschia'. The top pair of sunnies is ASOS and the bottom pair is Modcloth. At some stage I will have to take a new pic of my entire Sunglasses collection...^I bought a Maybeline Master Precise liquid liner to try and a Bourjois primer.^Here are some art things I bought. I got some Acrylic white paint and a Draw and Wash pad which is pretty awesome. I just did up another order already. I'm going through a bit of a phase and trying out new things.How was your week?Your Favourite Blogger,Natalie

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

You know, though I certainly knew of the show's existence and wide spread popularity, I don't think I ever watched a single episode of the Gilmore Girls. I didn't avoid it on purpose, it just didn't happen, so perhaps one of these days I'll follow your lead and watch it on DVD or Netflix, if they have it.

Doesn't you just love the joy of having a new stack of books at the ready? Come the chilly months, when one retreats and nests all the more, I find I try to make sure my stack, be it from the library or newly purchased), always has a few exciting titles just ready and waiting to be savoured.

♥ Jessica

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

I definitely reccomend it :) I am realy enjoying Gilmore Girls at the moment and I just cannot simply be dragged away from the tv. I'm looking forward to spending some time reading in the aircon this summer :)