Sunday, August 25, 2013

Book Haul/Update: I am always making excuses...

Hi guys,

I haven't done a haul/update in a while so I figured I probably should. I am still reading that Audrey book and I've just been so preoccupied with all sorts of things to be bothered to do any blogging. I'm sorry guys but, I feel like I've found more important things to spend my time on than blogging. Which is a first. I've gotten involved in a cause and it's kind of given me a life. Kind of. I've been going to the markets on Sunday mornings updating a few different social networking pages and drawing pictures to promote it. Hopefully though, not for too much longer and then I get my life back.

I'm not going to go on too much about this cause because I know due to some misleading campaigns etc that the reception of this issue is not going to be very positive and I think I've already talked too much about it on here. I've also become very politically minded (my first federal election!) and while I don't know the ins and outs of everything in parliament I feel like I have a good enough idea to make an informed decision. I even went to a political debate. Sounds so unlike usual air-head me right? I have to say though, I am a bit annoyed with how one-sided Tumblr is politically. People get really aggressive if you like a certain party and I don't think that's fair. 

I also had a run-in a couple of weeks ago where a car ran into the back of my little car on the way from work and it scared the living daylights out of me. And, no I wasn't in the wrong. Even though this is true I feel like I am in denial every time I mention this. Car should be getting fixed soon though and, I will have to drive mum's car to work. 

Today I started watching Gilmore Girls. I have decided that I really like this show and may have to get all of the seasons. I guess I am a bit spoilt, but what is the good of life if you can't enjoy it? I had to pause it at one point because the dog wanted to go outside and the silly thing ran so fast she pulled the lead out of my hand and I ended up grazing my knee trying to catch her. I forgot how much that stings. 

I've also got Father's day and a few birthdays coming up too... It's pretty hectic.

-Here are some books. I bought 'Keeping The Castle', the two Dodie Smith books and 'Ten Things We Shouldn't Have Done' from Booktopia. 'Crown of Midnight' by Sarah J Maas is a review book I got from Bloomsbury. And, 'Nails Nails Nails' is a non-fiction Fishpond pre-order from way-back. I was really interested in getting some more Dodie Smith after reading 'I Capture The Castle' and this election madness has me craving some Sarah J Maas sword fighting action.

-Here are some DVDs I got. I bought all 7 seasons of 'Sabrina The Teenage Witch', Season 1 of 'Gilmore Girls', 'Beautiful Lies', 'Stick it', 'Nancy Drew', 'What a Girl Wants', 'When in Rome', 'She's The Man' and 'The Host'. I just adore Salem in 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' and I will have to do a movie/book comparison of 'The Host' at some point.

-Here are some cheap sunnies from EBay and a bit of make-up that I have bought over the past couple of weeks. I may review some of it. I stashed the make-up into this cute fluffy sheep Easter basket mum bought me this year. I still have no idea what I am actually going to use this basket for...

-Here are some markers. I didn't get all of them this week (gosh I'm not that rich), but I wanted to show you all how much my stash has grown. There are some brighter colours in there that I may not have ever gotten (I normally draw people), but I started trying to draw sea creatures and they are very bright! These are all Copic Ciao or Letraset Promarkers mainly because they are the cheapest, but I think they work fairly well. 


-I have also bought a few cheap skirts from eBay , some pastel marcel wave clips and some rollers. I had great fun doing my sisters hair with these. It's a little messy because her hair didn't get a chance to dry properly before I took it out. 

You may have noticed that the quality of my pictures has improved? This is because I've been using my new Samsung galaxy s2 4g to take pics and I've downloaded the Vignette app onto that. 

What did you get in the mail this week?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident. Thank goodness that you weren't seriously injured. Even when one is fortunate to walk away from such an event, I truly think that the memory of it lingers strongly in your mind for a long, long time to come. It's so natural to keep playing it over and over in your mind and even feeling you were at fault, when you weren't, because you keep wondering if you could have done something different to have perhaps prevented it from happening. I do this myself too with traumatic things, and find that usually time is the only way to lessen the effects of such difficult experiences and their memories. I hope dearly that you're never involved in a auto accident again.

Tons of hugs & understanding,
♥ Jessica

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

I definitely hope so! Thanks for the kind words :)