Friday, April 26, 2013

Lipstick Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in Shade 01/10

I've always been a bit of a lipstick person, so I should think I'd be a good judge at judging lipsticks. Having said that I generally tend to go for cheaper brands and the best quality I've ever worn has been discounted Avon or Revlon. I have never spent more than about $10.99 on a lippy, so as far as MAC or Lancome goes, I have not gone there and looking at the prices of those I probably won't.

I have been wearing this product on and off for a while now. I got it at the discounted price of $7.99 from the supermarket and I adore the lovely cool-red shade. The lipstick is opaque, but not matte and has no glitter or shimmer in it.

 Even though I've had to wear red lipstick to every dance concert and eisteddfod I've participated in I still love the colour especially next to my pale skin. I like that red is kind of retro, kind of oriental and kind of grungy all at once.

This lipstick is a tricky one because it looks  kind of warm in some light and kind of cool in others. It is a thick lipstick, but when it starts to fade it begins to turn more pink in shade. I like that it has a bit of pink in it because many of the reds I have worn are more orangey-reds or burgundy coloured.

 The only problem I have with this lipstick is that it isn't exactly the most moisturizing lipstick I've ever worn. I wouldn't say that it was dry exactly, but if you have dry lips it can become unpleasant after a while. I guess this is to be expected from most long-lasting lipsticks though. I put a Nivea lip balm on first and let it sink in

As far as lasting goes. This lipstick lasts through drinking water (as much as you want, but needs to be reapplied after most foods and other beverages. Especially Chocolate! I had to reapply this lipstick twice today and that made it last until 6pm (before I ate again).

It's not the best lipstick, but it is one of the better ones. My favourite thing about it is the texture and how it doesn't look thick, but it does show a lot of colour.

Gosh, trying to take decent pictures of my lipstick reminds me a lot of The Cure's 'Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me' album cover.

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: