Sunday, September 16, 2012

BDAY HAUL: Books and Stuff

This week I got a total of eight books. Which is a fair few compared to recent weeks. I got four of them from my mum for my birthday and four from a publisher. I know I have been incredibly slack on the reading and blogging front, but I think these new books will definitely inspire me to read (if I'm not preoccupied by charmed or my new Wii and DS games.

FROM SIMON AND SCHUSTER:
 
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
'The Perks of Being A Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky
-I've been wanting to read this for a while and thanks to the release of a film tie-in I am able to do so!
 
Envy (Fury, #2)
'Envy' by Elizabeth Miles (Fury Book 2)
-I was pretty happy when I saw this! Cannot wait to find out what happens next in this series!
 
Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
'Poison Princess' by Kresley Cole
-I haven't heard a whole lot about it, but it looks interesting.
 
The Island House
'The Island House' by Posie Graeme-Evans
-My edition doesn't look anything like this. I thought I'd give this a go seeing as I enjoyed 'The Dressmaker' so much.
 
FROM MUM:
For my birthday I gave my mum a link to my shelfari wishlist (because she is always worried about buying me books that I already have) and it worked out wonderfully. There was a little bit of worry where 'Passion' by Lauren Kate was concerned, because the books from that series all look so similar that my sister thought that I had already purchased it. Which I hadn't. Thanks for the books mum! :)
 
Between the Lines
'Between The Lines' by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer
-I really enjoy Picoult's books and thought it would be awesome to read a book by her and her daughter. The synopsis sounds amazing and everyone seems to be raving about it.
 
Passion (Fallen, #3)
'Passion by Lauren Kate (Fallen Book 2)
 
The Distance Between Us
'The Distance Between Us' by Maggie O'Farrell
-I adore the cover!
 
After You'd Gone
'After You'd Gone' by Maggie O'Farrell
-I really like this author's writing style.
 
Dvds I Bought:
-Charmed Seasons 2-8 (I'm watching season 3 at the moment)
-Alias Season 1
-Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn Movie)
-Funny Face (Audrey Hepburn Movie
-Marilyn Monroe Collection (It's got eight movies. I wanted to see what the big deal is.)
 
 
Wii Games: (Birthday Gifts)
-The Michael Jackson Experience
-The Black Eyed Peas Experience
 
NDS Games: (Birthday Gifts)
-Blend it (this game is so much fun!It's like bejewelled, but you mix paint instead of swapping gems)
-Cooking Mama: Hobbies and Fun
-Ready Steady Cook (Like the TV Show)
-Super Scribblenauts
 
What did you get this week/fortnight/month?
Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

SeeJennRead said...

Happy birthday and what a great haul! :)

I've been looking for Perks of Being a Wallflower too, because of the movie, but haven't found it cheap yet. May need to order it.