Sunday, July 29, 2012

Book Haul for the last two weeks

I have been in a bit of a reading slump lately and while my list of incoming books is rather small it is very exciting. I feel like I've been a bit lazy lately. I've been meaning to do some reading and some blog posts (the list of ideas is endless), but I keep not doing any of that. I wish I could say that I actually had a legitimate excuse, but the truth is, I'm still unemployed, I have heaps of spare time and I've been spending a lot of it on Tumblr.

I Blame the reading slump on 'Crescendo' by Becca Fitzpatrick, which wasn't terrible, but was just slow. It's the sort of book that I could read have read in one sitting if I had enough time to do so. It's also the sort of book that can be hard to get back into when you've taken a break from it. I've read a little bit more of 'Smoke and Mirrors' by Neil Gaiman, and I started 'City of Glass' by Cassandra Clare. I'm hoping that 'City of Glass' will be the book to get me back on track, Again.

FROM HARPER COLLINS:
'Carnival of Souls' by Melissa Marr
-I got this last week and was so excited. I'm trying to restrain myself from reading it, because it's not being released until September. I was so happy with the free mask. It was a little beat up from being in the post, but with a little bit of glue and blue glitter I'm sure I can touch it up.

FROM SIMON AND SCHUSTER:
Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
'Losing Lila' by Sarah Alderson (Lila Book 2)
-I really enjoyed 'Hunting Lila' (the first book in the series) so this one is definitely at the top of the TBR.

FROM NETGALLEY:
Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes
'Two and Twenty Dark Tales' by Various
-Was a free anthology I just couldn't pass up.

What did you get in the mail this week?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie


No comments: