Saturday, February 25, 2012

Friday I'm in love, on a Saturday: Recently played

Yep, It's a Saturday and I'm pretending it's Friday. I know that's a little odd. The Internet was off yesterday and technically the weekend doesn't feel like it's started yet (I believe all the fun stuff happens after say 3:00PM). I also thought this Idea was the best I've had for this meme and I feel bad about not doing this meme more often.

The idea is : Recently Played. I was inspired by a play list that my ipod generates, but instead of copying this list to my blog (hello boring), I decided to put a list of recently played Cd's (yes I actually own some of those) and DVDs. Because If you played the real thing then there must be something decent about it right?

RECENTLY PLAYED:
'Ceremonials' by Florence and the Machine

Florence's albums are ones that you buy and listen to whole. Every song is a masterpiece and the booklet is always filled with beautiful pictures, quotes and notes. Just like Emma Forrest says in the booklet, this album really makes you want to chant, attempt to belly dance and try something vaguely spiritual. To say I had one favourite song on this album would be ridiculous.


'Greatest Hits' by Red Hot Chili Peppers

I'm not a huge fan of greatest hits albums. I'm one of those people that likes to be able to collect individual albums and line them up in a row and know which song is on which one and which one was written first. I knew that I really wanted to get into this band, but I was a little unsure of where to start. Fishpond had this album for $7 so I caved and bought it. I am hoping to become better acquainted with the other albums and lesser known tracks on them soon. I'm not a huge fan of the band's weird attempt at rap. Songs such as 'By The Way', 'Under the Bridge', 'Californication' and 'Scar Tissue' are definitely winners.


 'The Reminder' by Feist

I've had this album for a little while now. I bought it after Elmo made an appearance on 'Video Hits' (a dodgy Australian music video show on TV which has been replaced by 'Hot 30 Coundown'). In the interview Elmo was asked about the musical guests that had appeared on Sesame Street and this artist Feist who I had never heard of was one of them. Long story short one of my childhood favourites introduced me to a musical favourite. This is an album no one should regret buying. Favourite songs include: 'My Moon, My Man', 'So Sorry', 'Past in Present' and 'Limit to your love'.


RECENTLY VIEWED:




'Reality Bites' starring Winona Ryder, Ben Stiller and Ethan Hawke

The first time I saw this movie I had really high expectations for it. I watched it and then I thought it was lame. Second time around, with lower expectations I decided to give the movie a second shot and loved it. It's super dorky, but in a good way.


'High Fidelity' Starring John Cusack and Jack Black

One of those movies I feel I waited too long to see. I love all the music references. It's truly hilarious. I never read the novel, but am planning to attempt something by Nick Hornby at some stage.


'Something Borrowed' starring Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin

I was a little surprised by this movie. I'm a bit of a Ginnifer Goodwin fan, but even so... I guess I was just expecting a brainless chick flick. The thing I really liked was that the character was smart, reserved and dressed a little old-fashioned at times. One of the male characters (I think his name is 'Ethan') was so hilarious. He said some quote about the Hamptons being a zombie movie except the clothes were designed by Ralph Lauren.


And That's all I've got.

What's on your recently played list?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE Florence and the Machine!Her voice is AMAZING:)