Sunday, September 18, 2011

IMM: Book Haul Plus Update

First THE HAUL:

Purchases I recieved...
^'I Capture The Castle' by Dodie Smith
A vintage classic that sounds very appealing. Can't wait to watch the movie version afterwards.

^'Tender is The Night' by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I really enjoyed 'The Great Gatsby' and wanted to try another book by this author. 
Another one of the Vintage Classics. Isn't it pretty?...

^'The Girl With The Glass Feet' by Ali Shaw
A Magical Realism book that has been dubbed as brilliant by a Shelfari Friend.

^'The Story Sisters' by Alice Hoffman
Wanted to try another book by this author.
Got bent a little in the mail. Sob Sob...

^'The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox' by Maggie O'Farrell
I loved 'The Hand that First Held Mine' and wanted to read another one by this author.

^ 'The Third Angel' by Alice Hoffman
A book that I previously borrowed from the library and liked so much that I had to have my own copy.

^'The Sugar Queen' by Sarah Addison Allen
Another book by this author. 
She always writes about food.
Makes me hungry.

^ 'The Body Finder' by Kimberly Destiny
A YA book about a girl who can sense dead bodies.

^'Bones of Faerie' by Janni Lee Simner
Another Faerie Book.

^'Girl From World's End' by Leah Flemming
A Historical Fiction about World War II

REVIEW BOOKS:
^'Nocturne' by Christine Johnson
Sequel to Claire De Lune
From Simon and Schuster

^'BlueMoon' by ALyson Noel
2nd book in the Immortals Series.
From Pan Macmillan.

^'Devoted' by Hilary Duff
The Sequel to 'Elixr'
Sounds surprisingly interesting, but haven't read, nor do I own the first book.
Asked Simon and Schuster for a copy of the 1st Novel.

And THE UPDATE:
It was my Birthday this week. So I haven't done much reading this month. It was my sisters birthday last weekend. Her Boyfriend's Birthday this weekend. Lot's of Birthdays. For the last two months I have been getting through ten books a month. This month so far I have only read two. Just ridiculous. Hopefully I will catch up soon, because I have so Many new books to read.

No comments: