Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday I'm in love: Things People often don't think about...

Today I'm in love with things that go unnoticed...

BACKGROUND MUSIC: The key to making anything quiet without being too quiet is good background music. The "New Moon Soundtrack" for example. You don't want blaring music in the background of a conversation or the book you are trying to read. I feel like i've learned to appreciate the quietness and wonder of this sort of atmospheric stuff. 

OLD-SCHOOL HANDICRAFTS:
Things like Altered art and handmade dolls that scream flawed-yet-beautiful make wonderful home-wares and gifts. I just bought a doll-making magazine today because it looked so cute and there are the most beautiful stuffed-dolls in there. 
So much skill is put into making cute dolls like these and yet they sometimes tend to fade into the background.

STUFF THAT. ANYTHING HANDMADE:
Like cute little Altered art pendants and earrings or clothes or crocheted collars.
^These cute earrings were on Night Beader Blog

AWESOME POLYVORE COLLECTIONS:
Sometimes I feel that Collections on Polyvore don't get as much love as they should. People often just like them for the sake of "liking" them or use them to get images, but I wonder if the really appreciate the art that goes into creating a collaboration of images.
My favourites:





And that's all the friday I'm in love that I have for you today. I hope that you enjoyed it. Maybe learned something new and cool?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: