Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Feeling on top of the world and a book haul.

I Just wanted to say thank you, again to M.J Hearle for reading my review and commenting on it.

BOOK HAUL TIME:
Books I got from Amazon when the Aussie Dollar went up.
ILLUSIONS by APRILYNNE PIKE
-The third book in the "wings" series. Actually, I'm not to sure what the name of the series is, but I'm hoping you'll know which book I mean.

THE GIRL WHO CHASED THE MOON by SARAH ADDISON ALLEN
-I was really in love with 'Garden Spells', so when I saw this book and it's awesome title I just had to get it.

THE RED GARDEN by ALICE HOFFMAN
-I really liked the books of hers that I've read. This book was like way cheaper than what it costs in Australia. I think it was about 1/3 of the price even with shipping.

P.S. I MADE THIS
- A DIY book

ANGELS AND INSECTS by A.S BYATT
-I kind of went out on a whim and bought this because it sounded so awesome. I haven't read anything by this author and I wanted to buy 'Posession', but this was cheaper.

WUTHERING HEIGHTS by EMILY BRONTE
-I said in my last review that I haven't read this yet, so I'm going to read it (eventually). I am a big 'Jane Eyre' fan and I hear a lot of people comparing the two and raving about 'Wuthering Heights', so this is me deciding whether or not these people only liked it because of Bella Swan. Also I had to get this edition, because it has a foreword by her sister Charlotte and i love awkward Forewords AKA Ted Hughe's foreword in Plath's 'Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams'.


Can you just imagine the competitive energy in the Bronte house. Apparently Charlotte's book was more popular to begin with.

Okey Dokey.
Enough meaning less happy babble from me.
That is after all my last book purchases until November.

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

2 comments:

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Just looked through wuthering heights to find that the foreword is not in the edition even though advertised. I just found it on the net, so will print it out and fold up inside the book.

Ms. McKellips said...

Sure it is... we always say that and then... well you know!