Sunday, December 18, 2016

Spring Beauty Favourites

Hello Everyone,

Can you believe that it is 18 days into summer already and I have only just started to write my 'Spring Beauty Favourites' post just now? Christmas isn't too far away and I have most of the gifts lined up, but haven't wrapped any of them yet. I know I'm not the only one who puts off wrapping presents till the last minute... Nothing too exciting has happened lately. I'm still waiting for my new guitar too arrive. I haven't gone out as much as I would have liked to (except for karaoke). I finally figured out a bit  of a setting pattern for my hair (which is forever stuck in the "growing out stage"). And, I am finally trying a new alcoholic drink that isn't wine...

I've actually got quite a few new favourites this time around, which is a bit of a change.

~


BEAUTY:
- After my local supermarket stopped selling my favourite facewash, my mum managed to find it on 'Catch of the Day' website. Garnier Pure Deep Clean Cream wash is one of those face washes that I didn't really take a whole lot of notice of, until I ran out and had to use something else. My skin was starting to get really bad again and I am so glad this face wash is back in my life.

-I tried the Palmolive Oil Infusions Body Lotion (the Avocado oil and jasmine one) and I really like it. It smells really good, is really nourishing and doesn't cause any bad reactions with my skin. It would be awesome if they made a body wash in this line too...

- I started using my Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume (from the miniature set) again and I can't get enough of it.

- I love my new Besame Lipsticks in 'Blood Red' and 'Victory Red'. 'Victory Red' really stains your lips, so I highly recommend it if you are looking for a red that will last.

- I got a bunch of new things from Colourpop again. At the moment I really like 2 of the highlighters ('Flexitarian' and 'Might Be'), the brow pomade in 'Red Head' and the Ultra Satin Lip in 'Calypso'.

-I bought a Morphe Liner Brush on Ozsale and its the best liner brush I've tried so far. I highly recommend it.

HAIR:
- My favourite leave in conditioner is the Toni & Guy Prep Leave in Conditioner. It's not too greasy and it actually works. I own a few different leave in products and I always come back to this one.

-I always put Tresemme Wave Creating Sea Foam in my hair before curling it (wet set curls or with using hot tools). It doesn't irritate my scalp like some styling products do and it doesn't make my hair too wild.

- I usually use the pink 'Volume' one of these, but I've decided I really like the purple 'Satin' version of the Loreal Elnett Hairspray. Mostly because you can brush it out.

-I really like my Conair Sponge Rollers, Diane Pin Curl Clips and my Breville Curling Iron which have all been getting a work out now that my hair is getting a little longer. My hair naturally has a bit of a wave to it, but in my current hair style it tends to stick out a bit and look a bit fluffy so I like to curl my hair downwards and style it a bit like Scarlett Johanson in This Picture. My hair isn't as long as hers and it doesn't look quite the same.

~

STYLE:
- I have been trying to keep it simple, because it is hot and I'm usually strapped for time. I have a couple of basic outfits that I just wore over and over.

- I also made a Pintrest Board...

MUSIC:
-The Album 'The Getaway' by Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I really like 'The Getaway', 'Go Robot', 'The Longest Wave' and 'Goodbye Angel'.

- 'Burn the Witch', 'There There', 'The Let Down' and 'My Iron Lung' by Radiohead

-'Follow the Boys' by Connie Francis

-'Running to Stand Still', 'If God Will Send His Angels', 'Staring at the Sun', 'Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out of' and 'Desire' by U2

-'Stay' by Rihanna

-'Dancing on My Own' Cover by Calum Scott

-'Road To Nowhere'  and 'Psycho Killer' by Talking Heads

-'Lovely To Look At' by Eddy Duchin

-'Love is a Blindness' and 'Love Interruption' by Jack White

-'The Breaks' and 'Run Me Down' by The Black Keys

~


MOVIES:

-I rewatched 'Aloha' which I think is an awesome movie.
-I really enjoyed 'Hello My Name is Doris'
-I thought 'Roberta' was a lovely movie.

OTHER:
- I started going walking again which has been really nice. I got stopped by the rain for a while, but I will start going again as soon as I get a chance.

-I bought 'The Fashion File' by Janie Bryant on Ozsale for a ridiculously cheap price and I love it. The illustrations are so cool and the book has a lot of classic style advice. This is also a great read for 'Mad Men' fans.

DISLIKES:
-My only real dislikes  were these Freestyle Bendy Rollers I tried which don't really stay put in your hair and can snag on your hair.

~

I hope you are having a wonderful summer/winter and that you are as excited about the holidays as I am. I am especially looking forward to new years. I am hoping to get a few more blog posts in before the year is over. So no this isn't the last you will hear from me in 2016.

What are your current beauty favourites?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: