Sunday, April 13, 2014

Picture Post: Vintage Warmth

Hi all,
It is currently raining pretty heavily here. I am experiencing a category one cyclone which I am used to, but there seems to be a lot more rain this time. I have been meaning to review a book I read about four days ago, but I just can't seem to think and especially not now with all this rain being so loud. I figured a picture post would be a nice way to keep my blog current without having to use my brain too much. I hope you all enjoy it.

I have decided to include a lot of vintage pics in warm tones and a little bit of writing about each picture.

*
I've seen so many pictures of Marilyn, but I really like this one because she  doesn't seem to be posing and she is glowing. I know she is wearing make-up and jewellery, but I just think this picture is so much more natural than some of the others I have seen. It's an in-the-moment kind of picture.

*
In case you didn't already know, I am a bit of a Plath fan. And, there just never seems to be any pictures of her except for the main ones (like the one at the typewriter or the one at the beach) so I get a bit excited when I come across a new one I haven't seen before. How nice does she look with that wavy hair style pulled back in that polka-dot head scarf? 

*
I am a sucker for vintage make-up ads. I am also really keen on this purple/magenta, red, green, gold and bronze colour combo. Pictures like this are really inspiring when I am struggling to choose a colour palette for my paintings and drawings.

*
I just adore this picture. Such a warm and cosy looking kitchen and one very classy looking lady. I want her coat!

*
I just adore 1950s gloves. All kinds. However, most vintage ones only come in Size 7 or smaller and I need an 8 at least. Does anyone know where I could get some nice repro ones?

I hope this post added some warmth to your day (or night) and that you found these pics to be as inspiring and beautiful as I did :)

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

As we continue to swing between chilly days and toasty ones here, spring being sooo late in arriving this year, I need all the warm, uplifting images I can find, too.

A couple of source for vintage style gloves in your size range that you might want to check out are Alice Hannah (http://alicehannah.co.uk) and Unique Vintage (http://www.unique-vintage.com/accessories-gloves-scarves-c-321_262.html).

♥ Jessica

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Thanks for the links :)