Monday, July 4, 2011

10 Good Things on a Monday: Stalker Songs

TEN STALKER SONGS:
I Know it's weird, but I am drawn to these types of songs. The ones that are on the verge of being creepy, but claim to be love songs.

1) Creep by Radiohead
This is the King of all stalkerish type songs. "You're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry". The lyrics are so honest and strange.

2) There is a light that never goes out by The Smiths
"If a double decker bus crashes into us, to die by your side is such a heavenly place to die". It isn't really that stalkerish I guess, but it is morbid.

3) I'd love to kill you by Katie Melua
Isn't the title enough. She sings it so sweetly too. I think it's more serial killer than stalker. Something I'd expect to hear during a criminal minds episode.

4) All I want by The Cure
"I want to hold you like doll" "I feel like an animal"

5)Playground Love by AIR
On the soundtrack of "The Virgin Suicides" movie.

6) You look so fine by Garbage
I especially like the Fun Lovin' Crimminals remix.

7)Flightless bird American Mouth by Iron&Wine
Somehow this song managed to end up in a Twilight movie during a slow dance. The beat and tune and everything is right, but have you heard the lyrics?

8) #1 Crush by Garbage
"I would die for you"

9)Bones by The Killers
"Wanna get under my skin? Feel my bones"

10)Bathwater by No Doubt
"I love to wash in your old bath water"

And I finish with a video of "I'd love to kill you" by Katie Melua:

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: