Saturday, February 28, 2015

Update and Haul: For The Love of Dance

~

Hi Everyone,
I cannot believe that this is the first haul of the year and it's the last day of February! This year is going by so fast, but I feel like I have achieved a few things, so I am kind of okay with that. I didn't really get too much in the mail and I haven't really got anything crazy eventful to tell you, but I guess it was enough to start a post. I finally learned how to embed some social media stuff across so there is some of that too.

^Here are some DVDs and Books I got.
From Top to Bottom:
- 'Till The Clouds Roll By' starring Judy Garland
- 'That Touch of Mink' starring Cary Grant and Doris Day
- 'The Geography of You and Me' by Jennifer E. Smith
- 'Withering Tights' by Louise Rennison 
- 'Every day' by David Levithan
- 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' by Sarah J. Maas (Sent to me from 'Bloomsbury')
- 'The Ruby Circle' by Richelle Mead

These are all purchases except for  'A Court of Thorns and Roses' which I did not request for review, but am actually really excited for. I still haven't read the rest of the 'Throne of Glass' series, so I hope that this one doesn't confuse me too much or spoil anything (it's not a spin-off is it?). I bought 'The Ruby Circle' from Target because it's the last 'Bloodlines' book and I am excited to see what happens. The rest of the books and movies I bought were from the Booktopia sale. I know I shouldn't be buying more books, but I think I will get to these pretty soon, they are all books I have really been wanting to read. 

^I did a Moyou order. 
I cannot remember what I bought exactly and it's all dispersed in my collection now, but I got three Kitty plates and one Artist Plate. I also got the Jungle Gold Stamping Polish which I am a little obsessed with. Moyou usually releases new stuff every week and I have to try not to give in...

^I also bought nail polish.
I know , I know. Like I need anymore... But there were new colours and a sale. From left to right:
- 'You Goji' by Sinful Colors
- 'Supernova' by Sinful Colors
- 'Navy' by Sinful Colors
- Nicole by OPI 'Change The World'
- 'Nirvana' by Sinful Colors
- Nicole by OPI 'Daisy's Lazy'

*Please note this photo was taken with flash and colours look very different in natural light.

~

I joined an adult tap class. I have danced at one whole lesson and was sick for the rest of them. I did attend one last week where I just sat and watched to get a bit of an idea. I have done tap before. I did 9 years of dancing and I quit on the last year of high school (which would have been ten if I had of finished the year). 6 of those years were tap. I never did tap exams though as our dance teacher didn't offer exams. My new dance teacher is going to teach the exam syllabus starting at the level the other girl in my class is at. I think this is cool, because it means I don't have to start from scratch (obviously I can't actually do the exams though) and I really like the swing style tap dancing which is what she is up to. 

I have ordered a pair of shoes from the teacher and I am really excited to make some noise with my feet. I am starting to get into the whole 1930's 1940's thing lately and I really want to watch all of the musicals (with tap dancing) as I haven't seen many and to invest in all of the cute playsuits and high-waisted shorts... I am not as fit as I would like to be and I discovered a new health condition which I am hoping won't be a hindrance now that I have medication for it.

I really would like to be doing Jazz, Classical or Contemporary classes, but I am excited I at least have tap. Maybe next year there might be more adult classes available. 

~

I have also joined a local Rock n' roll dance club. On every Friday I get all dressed up and go dancing. It's sort of like a dance class, but you also get to muck around a bit. I really like how relaxed this dance style is. There aren't a whole lot of rules and it's okay to make mistakes. I really like the music and the people there are really nice. There are a few different people teaching and they all have a different style. 

~
I finally watched 'Snow White and The Huntsman'. I had been turned off it originally because I heard that the Queen was sickeningly creepy and there were a lot of complaints about Kristen's acting and the story-line. I'm glad I actually watched this as I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure it's the kind of movie that I will be re-watching  any-time soon, however I will recommend it. If you like fairy-tale retellings, medieval action scenes, fantasy, Chris Hemsworth and you don't completely hate Kristen Stewart than this is for you.

My Opinion on a Few Things:

- I am really glad that Taylor Swift won the BRIT and I loved her outfit/s and live performance. I am a big Lana Del Rey fan, but I honestly think that Taylor deserved this. How cute is that pants-suit/Jump suit thing she is wearing?!

- I don't think the Cinderella movie poster is photo-shopped. I think it's a combination of being naturally hour-glass shaped, a super tight corset and a very extreme puffy skirt. Have you seen Jane Powell in 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers'? I doubt a 1954 movie is photo-shopped. 

- The dress looks blue to me and I honestly don't know why anyone cares about it so much. Lots of things look or sound different to lots of people why would an instagram photo of a dress be any different? 


Here is a link to my nail pictures on facebook. There are seven photos so far in this album. 


Here are some of the fashion boards I have created using Polyvore. I share them to Pinterest and Facebook.


Here are a bunch of photos of beauty products I haven't reviewed (Except for the NYX Matte) let me know what you want to see first!


^And, here is a recent pinterest board I created which is a list of movie I want to see.

~

That's it for today. I hope you are all having a lovely year so far and that you are all well. Did you get anything exciting in the mail recently?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

4 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

How fabulously fun that you're getting into tap again! I was a passionate dancer as a youngster, with tap and later swing being my two favourites (I miss dancing so much, but it's extremely tough on me health wise, so I don't risk it any longer). I wasn't super talented or any such thing, but I enjoyed it fiercely and that's what counts, right? :)

Big hugs & tons of happy weekend wishes,
♥ Jessica

Lauren @tear stained said...

I love that you are doing tap! Please please take photos of your new taps and also of you dressed up for swing classes!! I wanna see :)

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

I think enjoying it is definitely the most important part! I knew so many girls my age who had started dancing at a very young age because their parents wanted them too and they gave it up early because they didn't see the fun side. Dance teachers have come and gone in our small town, but I really enjoyed dancing with my previous teacher because she made it fun and didn't stress us out too much with eisteddfodds or exams.

I will definitely have to take a picture of my taps when they arrive and I will try to get a picture of my outfits on friday nights.

I'm not sure if it's really classed as swing. There are so many styles from that era that I want to learn and at the moment we seem to be doing a bit of a mixture. I think what we are learning at the moment is a very basic jive, but without all that kick-leg stuff you see on 'dancing with the stars'. I want to learn to boogie woogie, lindy hop and jitterbug too :)

Kayla said...

I am a tap dancer too but am not currently at a dance school. So great that you are getting back into it! I love Taylor Swift, she is really talented and dresses so well x