Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pretty Picture Post: Powder Puffs and Lipstick Kisses

Hey Everyone,

Thought it was time for another picture post so here it goes.

I spend a lot of time looking at pretty pictures on this site called Pinterest... Not only does this site have some brilliant life hacks and hilarious (to me) jokes, but it has some great vintage style pics. One of my favourite things to research is make-up advertisements from past decades because I am a make-up addict and I just adore vintage illustrations. 

I love buying make-up, watching tutorials and applying it myself. I like to try out a lot of different colours and techniques, especially those era-specific lip-shapes and eye looks. I think vintage make-up ads are a great way for vintage enthusiasts to find new make-up looks and I think the way they are illustrated is pretty neat too. Vintage make-up ads show us that applying make-up is not just something that you have to wear for an occasion. Make-up is a luxury, an artistic expression, a confidence booster... 

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*


*

*

*

*

*

*

*

After looking up 1950's make-up advertisements I can definitely see why my mum's 80 year old friend adores scented powders so much. She truly is a lovely lady and one of the reasons I got into make-up. When I was a little kid she used to give my sister and I her old powder compacts and lipsticks. We used to feel so sophisticated because we had those. 

Stay tuned for more picture posts...

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a magnificent treasure trove of vintage makeup ads you've found and shared with us here, dear gal. Love them all - and wish I had the sort of "model perfect" lips you so often see in these sorts of ads. Alas, my lips are average to a touch small (more so on top) and painting beyond their natural shape usually looks clownish on me, so instead I try to make the most of the fact that bright and dark lippies alike usually add the illusion of slightly bigger/fuller lips (especially with a dab of gloss in the middle of the lips).

Tons of hugs & happy Sunday wishes,
♥ Jessica