Monday, February 4, 2013

Book Haul

I haven't done a haul in a little while and this is partly because I have gotten so much stuff and been so keen to use it or move it to a home that I know I would not be able to remember everything that I got. I'm thinking I might do a few "tours" of collections of different stuff once I have cleaned a bit, but I'm not promising anything. Recently I have done a few trips to other towns and have purchased a few books, but there hasn't been much in the mail due to all the rain and flooding down south. I have recently gotten scented candles, clothes, CDs, DVDs, make-up, necklaces, stuffed toys...

FROM PENGUIN:
'Prodigy' by Marie Lu
-Silly me requested the book having heard how good it was, but not until after I realised it was a sequel. I'm planning to purchase the first book on Kindle soon. I'm actually thinking I should get one of those prepaid visa cards so I can get a fair few books on Kindle.

I BOUGHT:
'Dance of Shadows' by Yelena Black
-Ballet and some paranormal stuff. It sounds cool to me!

'Beautiful Creatures' by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
-I have heard so many mixed things about this book. And, I heard it's going to be a movie, so naturally I thought it was time to get a copy.

'Venom' by Fiona Paul
-I have to admit the cover got to me. It is a stunning cover. That, and the synopsis reminded me of the Gemma Doyle books. A little quote from Jessica Spotswood promoting the story sold it for me.

'The Secret Circle: 'The Initiation and The Captive Part 1'' by L.J. Smith
-I enjoyed most of what I have read of the TVD series so I have been debating for quite a while whether or not I would like to read this one. 

'Eve and Adam' by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
-Sounds good!

Currently Reading:
I have given up on 'Tender is the Night' once again as the stuff about mental illness is just messing with my head a little. I have picked up 'Revelations' by Melissa de la Cruz and am enjoying that so far. 

What did you get in the mail last week?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

2 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Ha! Just finished Beautiful Creatures! Loved it1 Can't wait to see the movie and read the next book.

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

cool as! looking forward it