Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's all about Christmas

 
It's the first of December and it seems that Christmas is on everyone's mind. I've been considering doing a Christmas Post, but wasn't sure when to post it. Today everyone seems to have gone a little crazy at the shops buying things to decorate their Christmas Trees and Houses with this weekend, so I thought "Today" and so here you have it, my very first Christmas themed post.
 
I wouldn't say that I'm a Christmas-y type of person, but I do enjoy certain aspects of it. Being an Australian, and living in a hot climate during Christmas does mean that my Christmas isn't exactly a traditional one and that some things (like red woolen scarves, snow-men and sleds) just aren't possible during an Australian Christmas. I thought I'd list some craft ideas, style ideas, movies, music, books and other activities that make it into my Christmas.
 
Christmas means something different to everyone. To me it means enjoying the air-con, wearing something festive, spending lots of time in front of the tv, rereading a favourite book, spending time with my family members (the important ones anyway), eating way too much chocolate and making lots of pretty Christmas-y things. Christmas light driving, giving&receiving gifts, relaxing...
 
 
DRESSING FESTIVE:
-I like to wear lots of red (I've actually bought quite a bit of red stuff lately so that works out well.
-I like to wear bright lipstick
-I like to add some retro flavour to my Christmas-y outfit
-I would like to try out some Christmas-y nail-art
-I would like to purchase some Christmas-y earrings
 
CHRISTMAS CRAFT:
-I like to crochet tea towel toppers onto festive tea towels
-I like to make hanging decorations (I crocheted a star for my sister to hang on the Christmas tree this year)
-I would like to increase my list of possible Christmas DIY projects
 
FOOD:
-M&Ms
-Chocolate coated nuts
-seafood
-softdrink
-chips
-I want to make some pretty iced cookies and some snickers cake this year
 
MUSIC:
-I don't like cheap Christmas carols with nasal-y voices
-I like jazzy carols
-I like listening to non-christmas jazzy and rock'n'roll music (because it has a similar feel to jazzy carols)
-I bought She &  Him's 'A very She & Him Christmas'
-Am considering purchasing Cameron Mitchell's Christmas Carol Album
 
MOVIES:
-We (my family and I) tend to watch new DVDs we got for Christmas. Lots of animated stuff and rom-coms
-I like to re-watch 'Elf' because it's hilarious and has Zooey Deschanel in it.
-I like to re-watch 'Serendipity' because it takes place during Christmas.
 
 
 
 
Christmas Movies I Recommend:
-The Holiday
-The Santa Clause
-Jack Frost
-Home Alone 1, 2 & 3
-The Family Stone
-I'll Be Home For Christmas
-Christmas With The Cranks
-Santa Who?
-Surviving Christmas
 
Books I That Remind Me of Christmas:
(They aren't necessarily "Christmas Books", but they do have a Christmas-y feel.)
 
-'The Sugar Queen' by Sarah Addison Allen
-'Dash and Lily's Book of Dares' by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
-'The Third Angel' by Alice Hoffman
-'What I Didn't Say' by Keary Taylor
-'Amy and Roger's Epic Detour' by Morgan Matson (set during the summer, but the whole holiday romance thing reminds me of a Christmas movie and I do live in a country where Christmas occurs in summer)
-'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern (it's so dreamy, And, Christmas is dreamy. I think it works)
-I like to reread a favourite around Christmastime also. (I think re-reading is very important)
 
 
I hope you all enjoyed my first Christmas post! I'd love to read yours if you have one. Please link it in the comments below if you have.
 
Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: