Saturday, May 26, 2012

Book Haul: First Netgalleys! and other stuff...

I joined Netgalley about two weeks ago. After getting a kindle and having the option to read and receive books digitally I thought I might expand my chances of getting to read digital review copies via Netgalley. At first I was unsuccessful, but after reading the provided info about what you should include in your bio and trying again I scored two review copies! If you haven't yet, I definitely recommend getting a Netgalley account.

One thing though; remember that you won't get to review every book that you want to. Some publishers only allow bloggers who have written a certain amount of reviews and have a certain amount of followers to get the review copies. I think this is lame, because I have goodreads followers, shelfari friends, polyvore friends and email subscribers who all read my post, but technically aren't "following" (due to the fact that they don't have a google or blogger account). I can understand though that they have to draw the line somewhere or everyone will download it for free and they won't make any money out of it.

I also downloaded some free stuff from the kindle store, got some surprises in the mail, bought some cds and listened to the new Garbage cd 'Not Your People' on repeat like some kind of crazed fan (I don't believe I know enough band trivia to be considered a crazed fan). 'Sugar' and 'Control' are my favourites at the moment.

It's starting to get really cold here in Australia at the moment. Perfect cozy reading and tv weather. Time to catch up on my reading goal I think !

FROM HARPER COLLINS:
Partials (Partials, #1)
'Partials' by Dan Wells
-I had never heard of it until I got it in the mail. It looks awesome. I'm definitely interested in reading more dystopian. I haven't read a whole lot of that genre.


I BOUGHT:
Blood Magic
'Blood Magic' by Tessa Gratton
-I have heard so many good things. I still wasn't too sure about it, but it was $6.99 so I bought it.

FROM NETGALLEY:
What I Didn't Say
'What I Didn't Say' by Keary Taylor
-I read it last night. It was really good. Will write the review soon.

 'Music From Beyond The Moon' by Augusta Trobaugh

I also got the 'BEA Buzzbooks' which anyone with a Netgalley account is entitled to. It features excerpts from BEA books. So far I've only read the excerpt for 'Everyday' by David Levithan. I can't wait to read the full thing when it comes out!

FREE ON KINDLE:
-'Write Good' or Die by Various
-'Vanity Fair' by William Makepeace Thackeray

CDS I GOT:
-'Bad Reputation' - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
-'Unplugged' - Florence and The Machine (CD/DVD)
-'Beyond the Sun'- Chris Isaak

What did you get in your mailbox?
 Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie 

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Yes, I love Netgalley, its awesome!!!
There is almost always something good there.