Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Cures (for just about anything)

Well... More like distractions than cures...

Rejected? Uninspired? Anxious?
I've got it all covered.
I've been thinking a lot about remedies for unhappiness. I have had some pretty bad days lately and I'm always looking for ways to make myself feel better. My inspiration for the title? The reference to the cure in 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist'. "What are they "The Curing"?"

1) SYLVIA PLATH:
I know a lot of people find her stuff depressing, but for some reason I'm quite the opposite. I guess reading something that I can agree with is enough to make me feel good about myself. If I can agree with it then it makes me feel a little less abnormal and a little less insane. Theres poems and short stories for quick relief or there is 'The Bell Jar' for curing long winded bouts of negativity.

2) PUT ON ONE OF YOUR 'TOP 5 ALL TIME FAVOURITE' DVDS:
Escaping from reality is a great way to forget your own problems. What's even better is watching something you love. Something that you know the words to.

My Picks:
-Reality Bites
-10 Things I Hate About You
-High Fidelity
-St Trinians
-Pride and Prejudice

3)SING ALONG SONGS:
Theres nothing like belting out a great tune to make you feel good.

My Picks:
-'Blood Pressures' by The Kills
-'The Sound of The Smiths' by The Smiths (I recommend the special edition, because the other one doesn't come with 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want')
-'The Reminder' by Feist
-'I Believe You Liar' by Washington
-'Room On Fire' by The Strokes

4)MAKEOVER TIME:
(forget makeup if you're crying)
Sometimes it feels good to try out a different look. Putting makeup on reminds me of being a little kid and getting my face painted. If your looking for more of a permanent change like Luce in 'Torment' then maybe hair dye is more your thing.

These are my main cures. You could also go for a hot bath, have a hot chocolate, eat a chocolate, get drunk, buy lots of things, make a set on polyvore and/or go for a run. Not all my ideas btw.

Hope these help you with your troubles. They sure help me.

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Ha! My daughter loves "10 Things I Hate About You" I think that is one of her fav. movies too!