Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Book Haul and some Annoying Things..

^ CURRENTLY READING:
   -'Garden Spells' by Sarah Addison Allen
 I have had this book on my shelf for quite some time. I don't know why I haven't picked it up before. I started reading it last night and I'm in love with the author's writing style. This book is homely, descriptive, magical and delicious. I can not imagine a book that I would be more likely to eat!
^PLANNING TO READ:
   -'The Dressmaker' by Posie Graeme-Evans
Another book that has been collecting dust for months. My mother read it and really enjoyed it, so much so that she bought a series of other books by this author. I'm hoping that I will enjoy it just as much as she did.

Don't you just love the elegant covers?!

Also, mabye, planning to read:
-'Mansfeild Park' by Jane Austen
-One of my bargain books

^LIBRARY BOOKS:
    -'Luxe' by Anna Godberson
I know what you are thinking and I can't believe it either. Why haven't I read this yet? I blame it on insufficient  book funds and amnesia. 
   -'The Book of Tomorrow' by Cecelia Ahern
Apparently this chick wrote 'P.S. I love you' and I know that was supposed to win me over, but I'm not really the "Let's get mushy and cry type". Don't get me wrong, I cry alot, but I'm not one to try and encourage it. I actually wanted to borrow 'There's no place like here', but the library didn't have it.

The books I had actually planned to borrow: 
   -The first book in 'The Mortal Instruments' series. 
 Yep, I can't remember what it is called, all I know is everyone has been going on about it and on the opinion of a good friend I've actually been interested to read it.
   -'The White Queen' by Phillipia Greggory
Lady, sorry if I spelt your name wrong. Anyway, I picked it up and was imediately intimidated by it. Hardcover, Adult, Way to intellegent, Too long ago  look it had about it. Needless to say I have left it in my Shelfari Plan to read pile, for when I am like 50.

 ^BOOKS I BOUGHT
     -'Sing You Home' by Jodi Picoult
Because, there has been so much fuss about this novel and I like Jodi's novels. Do I need to say more?
    -'March' by Geraldine Brooks
It's about the father of the girls in Alcott's 'Little women' which I have seen, but not read. Don't know if I will like it because it's all civil war ish.

^BARGAIN BOOKS:
   -'Swansea Girls'
   -'Swansea Summer'
   -'Tiger Ragtime' 
All by Catrin Collier.
I already own two of her books, but haven't read either of them. AND apparently all of her historical novels are like one big series, but they are broken up by place and generation. So, because I don't own the very first one, I think I'm going to start with the swansea series. and If i like it, then i will buy more books buy her. 

^IMPULSE BUY:
    -'Much Ado About Nothing' by William Shakespeare
I know, right. What was I thinking? I guess you can blame it all on an empty stomach and a girl on you tube who was raving on and on about Shakespeare and how she bought this book. I thought the plot sounded interesting. I'm not sure about the lingo and the whole play structure though...


Waiting For:
'Thorn on the rose' by Joy Dettman.
Book Two of the 'Woody Creek' series.







Now for some ranting:

Rain: I can not tell you how much rain sucks. When I was little rain was so cool it was like a movie where you get wet and feel like a mermaid. Then you would get a cold and feel sick and the fantasy was gone. In the city rain is great. It washes the filthy air and there are hardly any patches of grass that will get muddy. In a small town it sucks, It hinders Farmers, Earthmovers, Builders and just about anybody else that needs dry conditions to work. Today it rained

Dissapointments: I hate it when I get high expectations of a book and it turns out to be crap. I normally tend to like it whether it is crap or not because that's just how I am. Recently,however, I had to hate them, I just couldn't take it anymore. 'The Behaviour of Moths'by Poppy Adams and 'The Icequeen' by Alice Hoffman were both dissapointing. I liked 'The Icequeen' but nowhere near as much as I exspected too. Young Adult dissapointments were 'The Incantation' by Alice Hoffman and 'The Moth Diaries' by Rachel Klein. The quality of YA is going down hill. Do these authors think that we are as intelligent as the dumbest of children except with hormones? And, I do love other stuff I had read by Hoffman, I guess everything can't be good.

Other dissapointments:
-Constantly being asked about uni: I don't see what the big deal is if I don't go. We all have to get jobs i the end.
-The library not having the book I want
-Proactiv adds
-The wind making my hair crazy
-The internet being a bum

Your favourite Cynnical Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: