Thursday, June 20, 2013

Childish and Nerdy


I had this fun idea to write a post about things that I believe make me appear to be childish and nerdy. I'm not ashamed of these qualities (I'm actually quite proud to be a weirdo) and I  like to assume that some of the people who read my blog may appreciate these qualities too. I also decided that I would like to do this post simply because I like writing lists and analysing things...

1) I EAT WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR & NOT TOO MANY VEGETABLES:
I know veggies are healthy. I actually work in a farming town and my current job is in the office of a farm. But, I am really really fussy and prefer to eat things like cookies and Nerds (lollies) than to eat carrot sticks. So far my vegetable intake allows for mushrooms, potatoes, onions and sometimes (rarely) zucchini or corn.

2) I LIKE  TO WATCH TEENAGE MOVIES AND CARTOONS:
I did go through a phase where I thought these were lame, but I'm back into them again. Obviously some exceptions will apply, but I can't help but smile at a Disney cartoon or one of the many Cinderella story adaptations there have been. This is my new Friday or Saturday night ritual.

3) I LOVE PLUSH TOYS:
I have been buying more of these to add to my collection. I have so many stuffed toys. I have a fair few Minnie Mouses and Sheeps in my collection as well as a Salem cat (like the one on Sabrina & the teenage witch), a frog with a bowtie and countless bunny rabbits. I have so many on my bed that they tend to fall off during the night and I also have a heap in my built in cupboard.

4) PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING MINNIE MOUSE:
Or Elmo, he's pretty cool too. I don't watch the shows or anything (they actually irritate me a bit) but I just adore how feminine Minnie is with her big bow and gloves. So I have a water bottle, a key ring, a bookmark, a lunch box etc with Minnie and sometimes Daisy on there.

5) I'M NOT AFRAID TO WEAR BRIGHT COLOURS:
I like childrens fashions and how they are so colourful and girly. I often see the little tulle lined skirts or heart printed tops and can't help but feel a little jealous of the five year-olds that get to wear them. I can fit into the older girl's clothes (like 12 or 9 YO) but, the little girls stuff is much nicer.

6) I'M REALLY STARTING TO APPRECIATE COMICS:
I never used to read them much when I was a child, but I really like the 'Charmed' ones and I am starting to get a few bits and pieces of other stuff. Yay for pretty pictures!

7) I HAVE AND PLAY A NINTENDO DS:
I really like this Blend It! game where you mix paint. It's like a weird bejewelled kind of thing.

I am actually also kind of Mature. I don't waste my money on expensive things, I don't get drunk every weekend and I like to cover-up. I take things seriously, I am responsible and I don't use bad language around people who don't need to hear it. So I guess being childish doesn't always mean that you're immature...

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

4 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

My dear gal, I love that you are still young at heart - I tend to be the same way, no matter how old I get. I have zero qualms with this point, and rather embrace it actually. It always makes me a bit sad when people let go of all of these things that they adored from their youth. There's no need to do so, no matter what your adult life is like. Why lose the fun, simple joys, and wonderment of the things that made you happy to be alive when you were a child, just because you're no longer in grade school any more?

Keep on being young at heart, and I'll do the same, too (favourite plush toys in hand every step of the way).

♥ Jessica

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hmm I am not into cartoons but I do like teen movies :-)

I am a vegetarian - so yeah I do love my veggies, especially broccoli!

I am into Hello Kitty, myself! yay!

I like bright colors.

And never heard of Blend it! but it sounds fun.

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Thanks for your kind words both of you :) I feel the same Jessica about a cousin of mine who is only twelve and seems to think i'm silly for alll of my childish antics. She's still a kid and she's so ready to grow up and embrace teenage fashion trends and boys already when I would have still been watching abc kids in the afternoons.

And wall-to-wall books here is the link http://www.amazon.co.uk/505-Games-Blend-It-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001CSMJDA I couldn't find a US one, so not sure if it's available there. I love hello Kitty too!

Belle Read said...

I enjoyed your post very much. I lean towards the childish and nerdy myself at times.
- Belle